Utah Tech University

Families of Students

Student Concern Form

Whether you are a parent, friend, or student, the student concern form is one way that you can share that you are concerned about a student. Fill in the form with as much information as you can and someone from the Student Success Center will reach out to provide the student with support and resources.

Fill Out Form

Adjusting to College Life

Help your student adjust to college life more smoothly with this online guide

Preparing For College

Supporting Your Student

Paying For School

Parental Access to Student Records (FERPA)

Common Student Struggles

Campus Safety

Utah Tech Police Department is here to Protect and Serve our Trailblazer community.

Learn more

On-Campus Student Support

Utah Tech University wants to see your student succeed. Check out the diverse number of services we offer to support your student.

Browse Departments


"Can I see my student's grades?"

You can access your student’s records (grades, financial aid info, etc.) if they give you permission. You will have to fill out a FERPA form and have your student sign it at the registrar’s office. If you cannot come to the school, you may have your student sign it in front of a notary, and then send in the notarized document to the school.

You can find the FERPA form here.

"What resources are available to help my student pass his/her classes?"

If your student is struggling in a class, the Academic Performance center is available. The Academic Performance Center offers a variety of tutoring services, such as face-to-face and online tutoring sessions, to the entire student body. We want to make sure you receive personalized attention from tutors who have your unique challenges and academic goals in mind. The Academic Performance Center prides itself in their ability to provide targeted, one-on-one instruction at no cost to all Utah Tech University students. To learn more, visit their website here.

It is also important to realize some classroom challenges may be non-academic. Utah Tech offers a variety of resources to help students both academically and non-academically. For a list of full resources, visit here.

"Does my student need a personal computer?"

Although the university does not require that your student bring a laptop to school, there is no question that it would be a useful tool in completing homework, especially as many housing facilities have wireless internet. Having said that, there are several computer labs on campus available for students’ use.

"Who should my student contact if he/she has a disability?"

The Disability Resource Center (DRC) is responsible for evaluating disability documentation, determining eligibility, and implementing reasonable accommodations for students who have disabilities that may affect their participation, success, retention, and graduation. Visit the disability resource center for more info.

"When will my student find out if they have received financial aid?"

The time will vary depending on when your student applied for financial aid. Typically, a student can find out if they will receive financial aid within two weeks of application. For additional information, please refer to the financial aid website.

New Student & Family Programs

Email: newstudent@utahtech.edu

Phone: 465-879-4691

Office: Holland 181